If you are a first-time Siberian Husky adopter, please do some research to learn about their somewhat challenging (yet endearing) traits. Learn more about Siberian’s here to find out if the breed’s unique characteristics are a match for your family and lifestyle. If you are already familiar with the breed and want to see who’s available, go to Our Available Dogs.
Steps for adopting a dog from Homeless to Home
• Fill out HTHHR’s online adoption application. No fee is required to apply. Be sure to fill out the application completely, providing accurate phone numbers for each reference. Once the application has been received and reviewed, our volunteers will process the application by contacting your references and verifying all information on your application. We check all references! PLEASE GIVE US 1-2 WEEKS TO PROCESS YOUR APPLICATION!!
• Let your references know that we will be calling so that your application can be completed without delay. Please call your vet and authorize them to speak with us since they are unable to release information without your consent (which would delay your application). We will be verifying that your current pets have been cared for appropriately and are up to date on required vaccinations.
• A home visit will be scheduled if your application is approved. After that one of our volunteers will visit your home to ensure that your house and yard meet the requirements for a Siberian Husky. Once your house is proven Sibe-ready, we will schedule an appointment to bring the HTHHR pup you applied for to your house to meet all family members, both human and canine. If everyone gets along and seems comfortable, the adoption will be finalized at your home at that time.
HTHHR ADOPTION FEES: Fees help to offset our cost of caring for each dog that comes into HTHHR.
Included are spay/neuter procedures, all vaccinations, and a microchip.
Dogs up to 1 year: $400
Dogs 1 year to 5 years: $325
Dogs 5 years to 9 years: $250————————————————————————————————————————
Seniors (10 years and older): $150
Special Needs Dogs: At the discretion of HTHHR
Each dog adopted from HTHHR receives the following:
• Complete veterinary examination
• Routine vaccines (Rabies, Distemper, Bordatella, Lyme and Canine Influenza)
• Heartworm Test and preventative
• Lyme Disease Test
• Spay or neuter (if not already done before coming to HTHHR)
• Flea and tick preventative
• For our senior dogs, bloodwork is done to monitor body functions